We collect your personal information to help us to provide our health and wellness services to you and to prepare a record of our services. We also collect your personal information to help:
- to verify your identity
- to respond to communications from you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text message or email)
- to conduct research and statistical analysis
- train health care professionals
- improve our services
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
We may also collect your personal information for any other purpose authorised by you, the Privacy Act 1993 (Act) or the Health Information Privacy Code 1994.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. consultations, telephone calls, emails), or when you buy or use our services;
- third parties, where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
Confidentiality and information sharing
Your personal information will be shared with others involved in providing our health and wellness services (including our trusted partners) and where required by law. People we share your information with include:
- related companies
- laboratories who analyse samples you provide (we provide samples to
- laboratories using a unique code- we don’t disclose your identity)
- any other person authorised by you
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Valentia Technologies Ltd, a company that provides a patient management software system
- Oura Devices, Inc, a company that provides the Oura band that allows us to monitor your progress
- Typeform (which provides user-friendly tools for recording your information)
- the purchaser of all (or a significant part of) our business (where we are satisfied they will use and protect your information to at least the same standards as us)
other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
You don’t have to share your personal information with us. However, withholding it may affect the quality of the services your receive or our ability to provide the services. Please talk to us if you have any concerns.
Information about your device and about your visits to and use of the website (such as your IP address, location and browser type) will be recorded when you visit our website. This information may be used to identify you. In that case we will treat this information as personal information. Our website uses temporary cookies (alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device) to monitor your use of the website. We may use the information we obtain from the cookies in the administration of our website and to improve the usability of our website. Some browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However, this may have a negative impact on the usability of our website. We may use automated devices and applications to evaluate usage of our website. We use these tools to help us improve our website’s performance and user experiences.
Your information will be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access.
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your information accurate and up to date. We will take all reasonable steps to keep your information safe from loss, unauthorised activity or other misuse. When we communicate with you electronically (including by email and text message) we cannot promise that the communication will be complete, confidential or secure [consider whether there are secure communication services that can be noted]. Also, information we provide to you that you store using third-party services, including those of your employer, may not be confidential or secure (e.g. your employer may be able to access emails that use your work email address). Subject to our obligations at law, we will not keep your personal information for longer than reasonably necessary to provide our services to you. However, we may retain your name and contact information for marketing purposes (but we won’t provide it to third parties for those purposes). Your personal information may be collected, stored and processed on servers located outside of New Zealand. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that those services are safe and secure. Any credit card payments you make through us are encrypted and processed using an external credit card payment processor and details are not stored by us.
Your right to access and correct
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. We will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. With respect to correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.If you want to exercise the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request. Subject to restrictions in law, we may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
It’s okay to complain if you are not happy with the way we collect, use, store, disclose or protect your personal information. We will consider your complaint fairly under our complaints procedure. If you are unhappy with the response you can call the Office of the Privacy Commissioner toll-free on 0800 803 909.