We encourage You to read this Policy carefully. It will help You make informed decisions about sharing Your personal information with us.
Edison Health Limited is a provider of health testing protocols. The Service involves the collection, storage and use of Data about an individual. That Data can include personal information. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual and may include information such as the individual’s name, email address, contact details, height and weight details, age, gender, allergies, medical conditions and well as personal preferences and goals.
Edison Health Limited may collect personal information directly from You when You:
1. Register to use the Service;
2. Use the Service;
3. Engage with the Edison Health Limited support team; and
4. Read and react to our content on the application.
You can always choose not to provide Your personal information to Edison Health Limited, but it may mean that we are unable to provide You with the Service. Edison Health Limited may receive personal information from You about others including your family members.
Through your use of the Service, Edison Health Limited may also collect information from You about someone else. If You provide Edison Health Limited with personal information about someone else, You must ensure that You are authorised to disclose that information to Edison Health Limited and that, without Edison Health Limited taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, Edison Health Limited may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy. This means that You must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and/or consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual right to obtain access to that information, Edison Health Limited’s identity, and how to contact Edison Health Limited. Where requested to do so by Edison Health Limited, You must also assist Edison Health Limited with any requests by the individual to access or update the personal information You have collected from them and entered into the Service. Edison Health Limited collects, holds, and uses Your personal information for limited purposes
Edison Health Limited collects Your personal information so that we can provide You with the Service and any related services You may request. In doing so, Edison Health Limited may use the personal information we have collected from You for purposes related to the Services including to:
1. Know who We are engaging with;
2. Suggest content that is aligned with your goals;
3. Suggest exercise programs which are aligned with your goals;
4. Administer the Service;
5. Notify You of new or changed services offered in relation to the Service,
6. Carry out marketing or relating to the Service and suggest products that may enhance your achievement of goals;
7. Assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Service, comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions, and communicate with You. By using the Service, You consent to Your personal information being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use You authorise. Edison Health Limited will only use Your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or with Your express permission.
Edison Health Limited can aggregate Your non-personally identifiable data by using the Service, You agree that Edison Health Limited can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data Edison Health Limited has collected from You. This data will in no way identify You or any other individual.
Edison Health Limited may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
1. Assist us to better understand how our Users are using the Service,
2. Enhance overall health management in relation to the effect of behavioural change through intervention and education;
3. Assist us to facilitate achievement of personalised health and wellness goals;
4. Provide statistical data to third-party providers about the effectiveness of behavioural change and intervention management in reducing health risk profiles;
5. Provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service, and otherwise to improve the Service.We use top tier, third-party data hosting providers’ such as AWS (A division of Amazon) to host our Services on servers located in the U.S. and Australia. These servers hold your personal information on behalf of Edison Health Limited in those jurisdictions. By entering personal information into the Services, you consent to that personal information being hosted on servers located in the U.S. While your personal information will be stored on servers located in the U.S, it will remain within Edison Health Limited’s effective control at all times. Each data hosting provider’s role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to Edison Health Limited, and we’ve taken steps to ensure that our data hosting providers do not have access to, and use the necessary level of protection for, Your personal information. They do not control and are not permitted to access or use your personal information, except for the limited purpose of storing the information. This means that, for the purposes of Australian privacy legislation and Australian users, Edison Health Limited does not currently “disclose” personal information to third parties located overseas. If You do not want Your personal information to be transferred to a server located in the U.S, You should not provide Edison Health Limited with Your personal information or use the Service.
Edison Health Limited takes steps to protect your personal information.
Edison Health Limited is committed to protecting the security of Your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have a culture of only storing what we need about a customer to reduce our footprint and offer five layers of data protection. Customer data is stored in distinct Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) depending on the sensitivity of the data behind multiple layers of obfuscation from front-end APIs. (Firewalls; Load Balancers; Application APIs; Infrastructure APIs; Data Stores) and all Data transferred between You and the Service is encrypted. You can find out more about our security arrangements and our data protection measures on our Security page. However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that Your information will be secure at all times. Transmission of personal information over the Internet is at Your own risk and You should only enter, or instruct the entering of, personal information to the Service within a secure environment. We will advise You at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where Your personal information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner. Edison Health Limited only discloses Your Personal Information in limited circumstances Edison Health Limited will only disclose the personal information You have provided to us to entities outside the Edison Health Limited group of companies if it is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the purpose for which Your personal information was collected pursuant to this Policy, including the provision of the Service. Edison Health Limited will not otherwise disclose Your personal information to a third party unless You have provided Your express consent. However, You should be aware that Edison Health Limited may be required to disclose Your personal information without Your consent in order to comply with any court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify You if we are required by law to disclose Your personal information.
Edison Health Limited does not store Your credit card details
You may request access to Your personal information
It is Your responsibility to ensure that the personal information You provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may request access to the information we hold about You, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about You, by setting out Your request in writing and sending it to us C/- Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Health Limited.io. Edison Health Limited will process Your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. Your request may not be able to be processed immediately. For instance, it may be necessary for us to seek to arrange access to Your personal information through an intermediary (for instance linking your Fitbit etc to the Edison Health Limited platform). We’ll only keep Your personal information for as long as we require it for the purposes of providing You with the Service. However, we may also be required to keep some of Your personal information for specified periods of time, for example under certain laws relating to the company and financial reporting legislation.
In providing the Service, Edison Health Limited utilises “cookies; for desktop and mobile. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on Your computer for record-keeping purposes. A cookie does not identify You personally or contain any other information about You but it does identify Your computer. We and some of our affiliates and third-party service providers may use a combination of “persistent cookies” (cookies that remain on Your hard drive for an extended period of time) and “session ID cookies” (cookies that expire when You close Your browser) on the Website to, for example, track overall site usage, and track and report on Your use and interaction with ad impressions and ad services. You can set your browser to notify You when You receive a cookie so that You will have an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. However, You should note that refusing cookies may have a negative impact on the functionality and usability of the Website. You can opt-out of any email communications Edison Health Limited sends Service notifications, billing information, product information, and Service updates to You via email and directly to your device. Our emails and/or messages will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how You can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the Service. Edison Health Limited will remove You at Your request.
Edison Health Limited has a privacy complaints process
If You wish to complain about how we have handled Your personal information, please provide our Privacy Officer with full details of Your complaint and any supporting documentation: by e-mail at [email protected]
, or by letter to The Privacy Officer, Edison Health Limited, Unit 2, 79a Saint Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, 1052. Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to:Provide an initial response to Your query or complaint within 10 business days, and investigate and attempt to resolve Your query or complaint within 30 business days or such longer period as is necessary and notified to you by our Privacy Officer.
This policy may be updated from time to time.
Edison Health Limited reserves the right to change this Policy at any time, and any amended Policy is effective upon posting to this Website. Edison Health Limited will make every effort to communicate any significant changes to You via email or notification via the Service. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of any amended Policy.